Endlich! Die erste race des Jahre! After 120 days, Ich bin zurück! I signed up for shorter distance tho and Thanks God I did! Tell you why! A continue of midlife crisis #teeeheeee really made all hell broke loose!
Lack of practice, mood drop, bad food intake, didn’t do good on something I’ve prepared for month. meh! And honestly speaking, I didn’t prepare anything for this race. Just miss having pic of me with finisher medal posted in Every soc-med I have! hahahah! bear with me!
March 27th, 2016
Woke up at 2.30 am after only 2 hours of sleep because Valas would picked me up at 3.30 am about the same time, maling pulang. Arrggh! thanks to midlife crisis-rewriting novel kehidupan! You gave me sleepless night:((
Fortunately, she was with Lora so she allowed me to have extra hour of sleep. Another hour, we arrived at Sentul Convention Centre (SCC) where the race took place and had sholat shubuh there. After checking other Bintaro Trojan Runners where about, warming up, group photos (of course!) we went to starting pen.
The Half Marathon distance started at 6.00 am! SHARP!
Another 15 mins, for us, the 10K runners! yeah! I made a pledge with Maktin and Acha we would stick together until finish line do us part!
Anyway, told ja! The starting pen start at SCC complex, I learn the route days before to expect the killer hill and wonder how the race organizer would work with the traffic as it would be some intersections!
It was….bad! Honestly speaking!
here is the recap :
- For 10 K route, 500 meter from Hotel Haris all the way to the round about and turn left, passing Giant Hypermarket straight ahead to sentul city/taman budaya.
- The first intersection and there were metersssssss of car lines. Waiting for runners. Of course, some of them get upset! They have waited for 10 mins! This is our first hill before entering the gate to Sentul City area. I wasn’t surprise! been here hundreds of time 😀
- Next intersection was just near the gate. The organizer closed the road for quite some time and I hate the sounds of blowing horn. I heard one of the marshals speak over the TOA even said “Pak, malu sama pakaian ngancungin saya jari tengah!” bahahahhaha. So there is a mosque near the gate, seems one of the jamaah still wearing peci ,sarong and baju koko, felt annoyed by the traffic! Not sure why, don’t care either.
- In my surprise, we make a left turn a little after that! Aha! this is new route for me!!! Never ran in this area before, here’s a another hill! I think it was in Km 3-4! ah, beautiful!
regram from @mesarace. We saw a photographer and MADE him took our picture! It was a sharp hilly track, we gave our best smile and (for sure) cursed after that :))
- Setelah ada tanjakan, pasti ada turunan! And yeah…yay! Downhill!!!!!
- It is in Km 5 probably, we are out of this housing complex went to main road again. Another intersection, but there were less cars this time. Probably they already learn the situation. yep, down and up and up and up again turn left before ruko-ruko !Maktin and Acha had left me when I took picture down hill.
- I caught with them again in third water station, and finally! they offered isotonic drink! Seeeeee! There were no isotonic drink in previous WS. I was tired then fortunately someone offered me date! I took one. Meine Gott! Ich hatte Glück. Even Maktin forget to bring ones. She’s the one who always prepared extra food for us! I feel like I had extra energy! Let alone the salt stick!
- Down hill passing the famous Ah Pong, before that I met Rika. So I jog with her. It was 7.30 am something and sun shines VERY bright! It as HOT! HOT! HOT! I cursed yet feel lucky that I signed up for 10K! bahahhaahhahahah
- Another 1 km, we went straight back to SCC again. Another intersection, but this time was also with good (traffic management)
- Well, as already posted in my Instagram , we crossed the finished line together and result said
- Acha 1:27:03, Maktin 1:27:04, Sikiky 1:27:03! Ich finde es süß. Sweet, isn’t it? hahahahah Rika 1:27:29
- Owh, the elevation gain for 10K was 100 m something while it was 300m for HM.
- And…while I was waiting for Valas to cross the finish line, it was like 8 am already. I saw many speechless or may be palm faces =)) for HM runners . Heat was unbearable! for hundreds of time I was thankful that I signed up for 10K! It took 3 hours for Valas to cross the finish line!
- So, in my opinion, the race organizer was so-so! Marshals were great tho! they still waiting for all HM runners to cross the finish mat eventhou it was almost 10 am. anyway, due to its brutal hilly track, Seems I won’t be back again for longer distance 😀
However, i think I still love running, I’ll be back again oh…well perhaps! but no more long run =))