OOT : sorry for the protected post on my previous post. you know where to reach me to get the password if you want to read it.
Allright, where are we?
(in my opinion) this was the most long awaited race! The famous 2XU compression Run finally in Jakarta! Years ago, the 2XU race in Singapore were (and I think still ) very famous for Indonesia runners, as we barely had running races! Let alone the Half Marathon distance. IN 2014 (or was it in 2013) they even have the Full Marathon distance. I think one of most favorite ones besides Sun Down Marathon and the famous Singapore Standard Chattered Marathon that will be held next two weeks.
back to tanah air, while the famous Adidas King Of The Road has been absent for two years (including in all neighbouring countries where they usually held the race such in singapore, KL, Manila and Bangkok) and seems that, after the accident to one of the runners last year, no more Standart Chattered Half Marathon which already held since 2011! that explains why this race would be “sangat ditunggu tunggu” beides Nike Bajak Jakarta, perhaps.
Thus, when The famous koko Willy Sanjaya sent the teaser, guess we (runners) went nut! the well known brand finally has its races in Jakarta.
when the registration opened, as expected the server went down :))
It was sold out in few hours and koh Willy gave another slots…and another and another.
to make it short, I signed up for HM distance that cost IDR 575K something, and would received socks from Newton, 2XU race tee and 2XU finisher tee for HM distance only.
hence, that’s explain why this race is famous! ngarepin kaos 2XU brayyyyy!
Fast forward, Unfortunately, I didn’t get a change to have a long run after my Full Marathon. longest distance was only 7Km when I had my morning run with Ejah at CFD.
When I was a volunteer for The Jakarta Marathon, oct 26th 2015, I felt Jakarta’s temperature was at its worst. No raining for weeks and it was — even though not as thick as in Sumatra islannd — actually sky was covered by haze! I barely saw sky crappers from distance. Trust me, as non private cars users in Jakarta on weekdays, I do look up the sky from pedestrian bridge, etc. At this point i was thinking of giving my BIB.
Yet, couple of days before D days, rainy days had come. I could see a blue sky again from my front porch. Thus, I decided to go.
Taking taxi to cut the hustle, I picked Mas Eri and Pak Donny after shubuh pray, and as expected traffic to AEON Mall was heavy! It was 5.15 am were still in the cab, while race would start at 5.30am.
I was a bit nervous since…I brought a bag with me. changing clothes and power bank 🙂 my mistake! eri said jokingly
“udah loe bawa lari aja tuh tas”
and what is race without “eh ya ampun, gw lupa kalau…”
I left my sunglasses this time! meh! running in BSD and forget sunnies. BIG MISTAKE!
Anyway, I managed to drop the bag 5 mins before start and met friends from Bintaro Trojan Runners at start line
5.30 am sharp, the race began. Here’s my recap:
– i ran with Evi and Rika, also from Bintaro Trojan Runners. Evi just had her virgin FM I Jakarta with a respective time for me :)) It was her first FM and di jakarta boooo matahari ada 17 langit coklat ketutup debu!
– first 5K was oke with me. Evi was pacering me. it was 38mins something for 5K
– at 8K something I took salt stick, I felt body temperature increase already
– before 10K, I said Evi to go ahead. I felt so tired. I started to walk
– Anyway it’s BSD, yet, good job grom RunID, the most professional race organizer for me, they creates new loop, new route. walaupun view nya itu itu aja sik. tapi rutenya baru, they always come up with new route! good job!
– at Km 15, I really lost mood for running. my sister passed me, she had toilet break previously. at this point, I walked. anyway sponge were available and it was heaven!
– water station were nice! every 2Km i think! thanks God! there were like 17 suns above BSD! Panasssssss! I took an ice block and put in my jersey!!! it melted right away!
Yisca sent me this. have no idea where was it
– at Km 17, I saw the opposite way, my fast runners friend like bu thya, Pak Giri, Valast, Diana, Deio were…walking! they were at km 20’s!
i was surprise,
“panas! malas lari” mostly said so.
– There was a U turn at Km 19, I saw Namira from the other side, I waited for her. so i wont get boring walking alone.
– we managed to take pic with this sign. bahahahahahhahaha.
look at back ground. It’s like in Bahrain instead of BSD
i saw many finishers cheered us and said “hayuh, finisher tee nya keren lo”
we threw smile and walked, they were very sweet. Few seconds after that “rapihin dulu penampilan, biar finish kece”
there it is! Alhamdulillah ngga pakai kram aja sih! 3 hours 15 mins!!! Bahahahhahah! sure it wasn’t my PB!
anyway, gw ngga mau bela diri of my ugly performance. never do strength training and my bike has been too long in the garage. skip swimming class soooo many times.
I was lack of practice, I didn’t pay attention to my intake! It was also a slap on the face that I must watch my intake again as I’m not getting any younger.
I didn’t drink electrolyte D-3 like I used to before long distance run, i (again) consume trash like candies and flavored-bottled-water, oily and processed food, dan lain sebagainya.
there’s always lesson to learned on every race. 🙂
and anyway, seems I wont sign up for any race in BSD again :)) until those trees have grown BIG! next 5 years perhaps? hahahah
I think I am only good running in four seasons countries, however my Bank account doesn’t say so. TEEEE HEEEEE!
medal is nice though!
until my next race ! I signed up for Tahura Trail 21km next January. Wish me luck!
PS : klik here for 2016 Compression Run in Singapore. IN case you’re interested!