seperti yang sudah saya tulis di post sebelumnya, hampir saja Powerman 2017 ini menjadi another DNS race – DID NOT START- considering batuk saya yang parah banget Week-1. I only practiced twice, one on the road during Pilkada holiday and the other on spinning class and no brick training at all. oh ya, ini pertama kalinya event POWERMAN Duathlon digelar di Indonesia. kalau di Malaysia sih sudah sering. i knew because many of my friends in Gaited Community post this event annualy on their FB.
then, I found out that it has a friendly Cut Off Time for a slow athlete like me, I decided to go and consume high dose medicine the night before to ease my heavy cough. Besides, most of my Bintaro Trojan Runners were going anyway. it has been a while kita ngga race rame-rame lagi.
dropped of my bike. You were only allowed to drop the bike. no helmet or tool allowed.Even I had to take off the pocket bag which was attached on my bike. Saw some “old friends”, even Pak Eddi Abott who currently resides in Kuala Lumpur. senang banget deh bisa silaturahmi lagi dengan teman sesama atlet (jadi-jadian). saya kenal pak Eddy waktu SCMS 2014, dia moto moto orang Indonesia yang ikutan race.
Ternyata sudah lama saya tidak bangun pagi-pagi buta, nyetir ke tempat race, en des bre. ha!
arrived at Qbig a new mall in BSD. i was very sleepy I decided to go back to sleep. failed! transition area would closed at 5.00 am. ohhh Nooooo….so I’d better be hurry.
perform sholat shubuh, then we were hanging around in lobby area. i was sooo sleepy, tried to sleep (again) but failed(yes, again). it was raining hard, so I wouldn’t be surprise iF the EO postpone the start time…which what they actually did. however, it was more to safety reason.
Seperti yang saya tulis di postingan sebeumnya, marka di track lomba dihancurkan alay-alay yang kebanyakan waktu tapi ngga kreatif, track lintasan dihancurkan, cone pemisah track di tendang2xin. Konon mereka kesal karena lintasan track liar mereka dipakai. Muss ich sagen, These marginal society alay were suck! ones who always come out of nowhere in Indomaret / Alfamart for the sake of seriburupiah dengan modal periwitan! Stop giving money to them please.Ok, enough rambling.I took short distance category. it was a combination of 5K run – 30 K bike -5K run the classic category was 10-60-10.
Anyway, I didn’t remember when was exactly the flag off time. what I remember….
- Soon as flag off, I walked. Out from the mall, turn right there was a water station already. It suppose to be for 10K athletes on the second loop.
- I haven’t seen 1K mark yet, but already thinking in which km I should gave up. belum satu kilo saya sudah mikir mau declare DNF di mana. Damn, I was so (have I said it?) sleepy.
- of course, friends who joined 10K passed me, I said – hi – am tired – sleepy- go head- see you in finish line. Yeah, sort of.
- Rain poured, not too intense. oh well, I will give up now, I said to myself.
- later I remembered, I ALWAYS look good on my bike. Ha! Let me finished this run leg first. hopefully, there’d be pics of me on my bike. If I got flat tyre again like in Bintan, then I’d quit the race. I didn’t plan to change the tyre. kalau sampe pecah ban, ya sudah, DNF aja.
- finish 1st run leg almost in one hour, owh I hated it!
- Then went to transition area, on which- no surprise- empty already. I think my bike was the only one left hanging on the bike rack. I took off my visor, wore helmet, eat Soy-joy, drank a bit. To hydarete myself.
- So….many sharp U-turn. first, i was afraid, then I enjoyed it very very much. it was raining again. fortunately, I didn’t cough at all. i passed many many bikers! Feel like the coolest road biker ever!
- DI BSD banyak speed trap. Supaya tidak ganggu, speed trap ini ditutupin papan, yang mana sebagian besar dirusak oleh terong2xan kampret. Tetapi masih ada yang bisa dibetulkan panitia. banyak peserta tidak mau lewat lintasan kayu ini, karena licin, milih lewat speed trap. Saya mah, naik lintasan.sok iye pisan.
- Meanwhile many struggling to handle the bike, drinking and stop, saya jagoan lah untuk ilmu tidak penting ini. bisa bolak balik pakai kaca mata, minum dari botol tanpa berhenti, Balik arah pakai acara nikuk tajam pdahal track licin karena hujan, saya terabassas semua. Bahahahhahahha. Hamdallah ngga jatuh.
- finish with one loop, I had to do another 15K, which is okey, because I’d figured the track. I speeded it up! Even I passed my sister! Ha!
- I slowed my bike down in last 2km, so it wouldn’t be that hard for me to run. I remember someone gave me this tip. I regret I didn’t bring extra pair of socks. and owh, it was (for me) a looooooongggg walk from turun dari sepeda sampai ke area transisi. and note to myself, bawa kaos kaki extra kalau multisport gini just in case.
- but, of course , thank God, no flat tyre! Das war gut!
- So, second leg of 5K run. ones who I passed during bike leg, certainly passed me again. ye ye yeeeeee….and it took 1 hour for me to finish this leg! I was completely wet, my shoes and sock were all wet. basah-basah-basah, seluruh tubuhku….#mendadakdangdut
- I saw the word “FINISH”. Ahay! ich liebe die Ziel! then saw kak uchi and sinta who were voluntering in this event.
My time? Owh please, you dont want to know….over 3 hours I think -_____-
And voila! After I’m done with this race, my (sporty) mood went back. I attended yoga class again the next day for cross training, spinning class, etc etc. I regulaly ride again on Saturday and thinking I have to register a FUll marathon event and/or triathlon race. yeah, of course no Bintan Tri and/or Bali Marathon because I have done it before, and I am not going back to Bali again this year. so Bali tri is a no-no either. jadi loe maunya dimana, kyyyy…..? *niagarafalls*
I even I asked my sister let’s do another relay in Ironman event, I’d do the first two legs ( those are 1.9km swim and 90km bike if you are wondering) as I am a very slow runner. I also was thinking of doing Powerman in Putrajaya just for the sake of it (well, to reunite with my GC friends as well ), unfortunately, not only the registration has already closed, but also I haven’t do any searching where to stay, etc.
As for myself, I enjoyed this race so much. the registration was easy, the track, water station , marshals were good. really hope there will be another Powerman event next year! Ein tolles Renen! bis Nächtes Jahr! di Brazil, mungkin. 😀
Btw, when I said I tried to sleep before the race while it was raining, I meant it! i envy Imelda for this!
si Imel bisa tidur lelap, saya mgga bisa! Ish iri! :))
She’ll kill me for that caption.
foto sama mas Thomas di post lagi, hampit nyeker doi.