Yes, you read it! I surely wont pass this race! Race a Half marathon, on your neighborhood!
Anyway, this race was postpone twice! It suppose to be held on July, I signed up for 10K! I wasn’t feel like doing HM after Eid Fitri, later I signed up for HM in Jakarta City Marathon that suppose to be held kn October 21st! Yes, suppose to be! The race was cancelled few days before the D day!
I’m still struggling how to bring back my old pace. yet, due to HM finisher T shirt with BTR Logo on the back, I was upgrading the distance. Yeah, I’m cheap sometimes 😀
since I’ll have BIG race early next year, I’ve to crush it anyway.
Here’s a recap:
- Since the race was postponed twice, the crowds were different. some of Bintaro Trojan Runners went to Borobudur Marathon, few to Langkawi Ironman and one of us migrate to Australia (yeah Ashar, I’m talking about you! 😀 )
- As I guess, not so many participants. i didn’t wear our group Jersey because I was planning not to finish it :)) jadi jangan sampe ketanda anak BTR.
- Gun off exactly 5 am! The off we run.
- Being slow as snail I am, I was really really at the last runners in 10 minutes! Hahaha!
- Made friends with few people along the way. One of them is Mitha, who was doing her virgin HM.
- Track was running through Bintaro Boulevard. So, nothing new for us, of course. I feel like I was doing my regular Sunday Morning but with free water station every 3Km. The water station were greats. Cold drinks, mineral and isotonic.
- We were running for two loops, each 10,5x. So I saw many of my friends had made a U-turn.
- After U turn in jalan Graha Baru, Mika seemed tired. She couldn’t run anymore She didn’t prepare any intake. i gave her my Gu Gel for her refueling. Then I left her. Please note this one people, endurance sport needs refueling during the event! To keep moving, you need energy!
- I was doing ok or I thought I was. Under 9 mins /Kilo. This is how I run now, very slow. That made I crushed 10K for 1.5 hours, as My initial plan.
- Run for another loops, I was still doing ok. Bumped into some acquisitions, 5K – 10K participants on the other side.
- Then after 13K, my endurance dropped. This is where i started to run -walk – walk -walk. Heck yahh
- Weather was fine. Not too hot. It’s rainy season anyway and I made a pray neither hot or rainy.
- But after the last U-turn, I walked most of the time. I saw there were still few runners on the other side. This race had a friendly COT (Cut Off Time) 4 hours for Half Marathon.
- I was thinking of going straight to my house after Mc Donald! Hahahaha. My house is 1K- to the right – of that big M logo . But then I made conversation with other slow runners and suddenly I forgot my initial plan. When I recalled my initial Plan, the distance to my house and finish line was about the same. Yahh okelah, kita selesaikan saja apa yang dimulai ini.
- One Kilo before the finish lined, my pace gets even slower. My legs were hard to move although I didn’t suffer from any cramp. Then I saw a familiar face running towards me!
- “hurry up, we were waiting for you. Dikit lagi finish” she said….and run with me for the last 800 meters.
- It was Kumala, who paced me to finish line. She had finished her run 45 mins earlier. very sweet of her.
- so there it was. Definetely not my Personal Best at 3 hr 18 mins (based on my garmin)
‘Till my next recap!
4 thoughts on “Race recap : Bintaro Jaya Half Marathon”
Wahhh enak bener lari di bintaro boulevard
Pas masih ngontrak di sana kami aja sering jalan” di sana
Wow, good job! That’s… quite fast, actually! I always admire your endurance skills. And it looks like you had fun too!
Cerita lari di blog ini tuh sumber inspirasi buat banyak orang yg mau mulai lari, mak! 😘
[…] Akhir kata saya finish 2 jam 28 menit untuk 17.8K (average pace 8:15). Jauh dari target pribadi 8:00 tapi better lah dibanding Bintaro Jaya Half Maratbon […]