there I was again, signed up Run For River UI 2017. My virgin half marathon was in this race as well. this time, I opted for 10K trail.
Yes, UI has its man-made forest and I’ve run there!
in short, I made Acha to sign up for this category. this anak mall garis keras agreed.
So, there I was, september 10th 2017, going back in start line again! ich bin zurück!! And owh, besides 10K trail, there were Half Marathon, 10K road and 5K.
10K trail with brown bib, HM with red, 10K road with yellow. none of Trojan Runners participate in 5K.
Here’s the recap:
- 10K trail suppose to start at 6.00am, yet, not until 6.15 that the race start. i found it is a bit weird as, Half Marathon Race start later. It is very common longer distance start earlier
- first 2Km was road, had no clue where it was. It was a U-turn Approaching Km 2, a runner in front of me made a short cut! Ada aja yang nge-cut rute, curang. he didn’t know that first check point was at the U-turn! shame on him!
- entering Km 2 was the forest area. well, ja, I’ve run here before, yet the route a bit different. We run besides a lake this time! I also run with Maktin and Aby, the later is a runner I met during Tour de Ambarukmo! We paused a LOT to take pictures. Even we asked marshals to do so! hahahahahah!!
- Lucky, I brought my water blade. i was very thirsty after Km 3 , and still couldn’t find water station. not until Km 5 or six. Where the lake is! Whoaaa! i love the sun ray shinning thru the leaves. it was beautiful!
- I filled up my water blader. Then continued to run. My right foot still hurt. damn plantar!
- on the way to Km 7, near the famous Universitas Indonesia marka, there was a water station. i was tired…took a break! And doing silly things!
- total trail is only 7.5 Km I guess, so 1 KM before finish line, we went back to campus area. Running in road again. owh, I use road shoes this time as I left my trail shoes in Ambarawa!
- I’m a sloooowwww runner, it didn’t surprise me, I met many half marathon runners on the way to finish line! Hahahahahahaahhah. they went 21K and I did 10!
- so there! die dritte medal der Jahre!
I haven’t check the result. it took almost 2 hours for me to complete the course. but I was very happy with this race! So much fun! Will be back again next year!